Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I Doth Be a Warlock

The Brotherhood Of Piaxia by Michael Drakich

Disclaimer: I received this book from the author in exchange for a review. 

Summary: Years have passed since the overthrow of the monarchy by the Brotherhood of Warlocks and they rule Piaxia in peaceful accord. But now forces are at work to disrupt this rule from outside the Brotherhood as well as within! Follow Tarlok, Savan and Tessia as their paths intertwine, with the Brotherhood in pursuit and the powerful merchant’s guild manipulating the populace for their own end.

Review: A decent fantasy novel that suffered from stilted conversation and too quick resolution.

I enjoy fantasy although I haven’t been reading enough of it lately. It is a genre that I always enjoy because I do so love the idea of being able to do magic, living with elves, flying on dragons, and going on quests. I usually like my fantasy epic and with a variety of different races, but I can still enjoy less epic fantasy. Since spell casters are the main characters, I thought Brotherhood of Piaxia would be an enjoyable read. It was a decent read and I do like the world that the book took place in.

The interaction of the Brotherhood with the monarchy shows how power can corrupt people and how power can be used for ill means. Piaxia is one country or area and it would be interesting to see what other countries or areas in the world were like. I thought it was cool to have magic users be in charge of Piaxia. I didn’t like that girls did not seem to be magic users. Also, while the characters themselves were decent, the conversation between the characters was stilted. I felt the revolution happened much too quickly although I would be interested to see what the future holds for Piaxia.

Rating:






Recommendation: I would recommend this to those that enjoy fantasy with political aspects.

No comments:

Post a Comment