Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Don't Get Lost in Time

Broken Time by Emily Devenport


Disclaimer: I received this book from the author in exchange for a review.

Summary: Siggy Lindquist is a janitor at The Institute, home to the galaxy's deadliest criminals. When two of the most dangerous inmates take a twisted interest in Siggy, she becomes caught in a potential war between two races -- a war that only a forgotten secret from her past can prevent...

Review: A somewhat confusing, but certainly mind bending science fiction story with plenty of time travel.

Time travel and time itself are fascinating concepts and not always well understood. As far as I know, we do not know why when an object travels very close to the speed of light time slows down. It has been proven that this occurs. Our universe is mysterious and I’m sure there are many more wonders to be found. Enigma is one of those mind bending objects. Broken Time focuses heavily on Enigma, time, and time travel. Even after finishing the book, I still wasn’t sure exactly what Enigma is, which is why I guess it is named that way.

There is plenty of action, alien species, and romance. I wasn’t sure what role Siggy would play, but it certainly was a fascinating one. What makes her so special that the time pockets would seek her out? What about her got the Professor to talk? The Speedies seemed a bit hobbled together for an alien race. I was much more interested in who was behind the Professor. The threads come together in the end although I get the feeling that the Professor’s story isn’t finished yet.

Rating:







Recommendation: I would recommend this book to those that enjoy science fiction with time travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment