Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Curse Never Forgets

One Blood by Qwantu Amaru

Disclaimer: I received this book from the author in exchange for a review. 

Summary: A long-suffering convict. A villainous governor with an unbelievable past soaked incurses and blood. A kidnapped
daughter.

Review: An incredible horror story of revenge gone wrong (or horribly right?) with magic and voodoo.

I really liked One Blood. It was a horrific in its subject matter, but it wasn’t over the top horror or even what I would think of as a standard horror novel (I haven’t read too many to be honest). The idea of a curse is made so very real in this book. It stretches back hundreds of years and will not rest until revenge is had. I know little about voodoo, but the use of it in the book added a nice paranormal element to the story. Although I know this is a work of fiction, the curse felt so real.

There were a lot of characters to keep track of and more connections were made between the characters as time went on. It seemed like everyone was related to one another. I tried to keep track of everyone’s motives, but I am still not really sure exactly what everyone wanted. The story was very fast paced and certainly kept me on the edge of my seat. I was glad the story found its way to a conclusive and satisfying ending.

Rating:






Recommendation: I would recommend this book to those that enjoy horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment