Tuesday, November 27, 2012

When a Stubborn Scot Gets Involved...

The Lady Most Willing...: A Novel in Three Parts by Julia Quinn, Eloisa James, Connie Brockaway

Summary: During their annual Christmas pilgrimage to Scotland to visit their aged uncle in his decrepit castle, the Comte de Rocheforte and his cousin, Earl of Oakley, are presented with unique gifts: their uncle has raided an English lord's Christmas party and kidnapped four lovely would-be brides for his heirs to choose from ...as well as one very angry duke, Lord Bretton. As snow isolates the castle, and as hours grow into days, the most honourable intentions give away to temptations as surprising as they are irresistible.

Review: Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher in exchange for a review.

An enjoyable collection of three love stories (technically four, but I won't spoil it for you) intertwined into one novel.

I shamelessly loved Taran. He makes the slightly ridiculous premise of the novel almost believable because he is just such a character and kidnapped four women and a duke seems almost tame for him. The Lady Most Willing is told in three parts and although this is a continuous novel, you can see where one story ends and the next begins. I was curious as to which woman wrote which love story. Although I have read books by Eloisa James and Julian Quinn, I was unable to tell who wrote which. It makes for a fun guessing game though.       

My first story was the favorite, I enjoyed the second, and thought the last one was a bit meh. If I was ranking each story individually, I would give the first story four stars, the second story three stars, and the third story two stars. I loved the chemistry between Catriona and Bret. It felt very real and I loved their interactions. Fiona also has enjoyable interactions with Byron and I liked the breaking down of the barriers between them. The chemistry between Cecily and Robin felt forced. Marilla was such an annoying character and I kept hoping she would disappear or get lost in the snow outside. 

Rating:






Recommendation: 
I would recommend this to fans of historical romance who are fine with or not terribly bothered by near insta-love.

No comments:

Post a Comment