Sunday, March 25, 2012

Fluffy Cotton Candy

Alphas by Lisi Harrison

Summary: At OCD the losers are tormented.

At Alpha Academy, they're sent home.

Skye Hamilton has scored an invitation to the ultra-exclusive Alphas-only boarding school where beta is spelled LBR . What happens when the country's best, brightest, and hawtest begin clawing and scratching their way to the top?


Review: A quick cotton candy read with snotty girls.

This book happened to be a book I needed to read for a book challenge on Goodreads although I'm not sure how or why it got picked. Normally, it's not something I would normally consider reading, but I broaden what I read for challenges. After reading this, I must say that I am willing to read the second book in the series and others like it. I view books like these as cotton candy: delicious, but with little substance. 

The premise of the book is quite silly along with how damn advanced the island is. It does make for some good drama plus the excitement of wondering who will be next. And of course Shira's sons are off limits so that adds for drama too. This book really isn't much beyond one hundred girls competing to be the test and those girls are catty, snobby, bitchy, and boy crazy. The story focuses on three characters and since those characters are most developed, I actually came to care about them. I can't give a whit about the other characters although perhaps that is the author's intention. The love triangle in the story is actually intriguing and I want to see what happens between the three of them.

Rating:






Recommendation: I would recommend this book to those that enjoy drama and catty girls and don't want too serious of a read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment