Wednesday, September 19, 2012

To Undress A Duke

Silk Is For Seduction by Loretta Chase

Summary: From the Design Book of Marcelline Noirot: 
The allure of the perfect gown should be twofold: 
ladies would die to wear it . . .
and gentlemen would kill to remove it

Brilliant and ambitious dressmaker Marcelline Noirot is London's rising star. And who better to benefit from her talent than the worst-dressed lady in the ton, the Duke of Clevedon's intended bride? Winning the future duchess's patronage means prestige and fortune for Marcelline and her sisters. To get to the lady, though, Marcelline must win over Clevedon, whose standards are as high as his morals are . . . not.

The prize seems well worth the risk--but this time Marcelline's met her match. Clevedon can design a seduction as irresistible as her dresses; and what begins as a flicker of desire between two of the most passionately stubborn charmers in London soon ignites into a delicious inferno . . . and a blazing scandal.

And now both their futures hang by an exquisite thread of silk . . .


Review: An enjoyable romance with mainly likable characters although with a premise I just cannot buy. 

I picked up a couple romance books since I was in the mood for a romance. I picked this one mainly because of the cover (it's not super embarrassing) and the plot sounded a little interesting. I thought the premise was a silly, but I went with it until I learned that Marcelline went all the way to Paris to get Clevedon's attention. It makes no sense. It could have worked just as well if she had been at a ball with Clevedon and his fiancee and gotten his attention that way. 

Despite that, I did enjoy this book. Marcelline was a woman who was not afraid to go for what she wanted and I liked that she was open with her desires. I loved the interaction between Marcelline and Clevedon. It was witty, fun, and sarcastic. There was some very instant desire and passion, which got dangerously close to love much too quickly. The love did eventually come, too quickly for my liking, but it didn't irk me. The ending was happy, except for the fiancee. I would read a book just about her and how she finds love since I feel she got the short end of the stick in this book. 

Rating:






Recommendation: I would recommend this book to those who like historical romance and Regency romance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment