Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Internet Is A Wild Place

lead me not into temptation; i can find it myself: Grandma Goes Online by K.C. Konrad

Disclaimer: I received this book from the author in exchange for a review.

Summary: Kayla googles “sex in your seventies” and comes up with the idea that she is at a disadvantage without a partner. One thing leads to another and before she knows it she is launched on an adventure like nothing she has ever experienced before. Not only is she does she meet five strangers, but she is also confronted with a persistent, outspoken, inner voice that criticizes every move she makes.

Review: A humorous, sweet, and a little sad tale about an older woman who tries to find a companion through internet dating. 

I personally have no experience with internet dating (heck I have very little experience with actual dating), but I know it can be a crapshoot. It is so easy to lie about who you are and since you can meet people from all over, you have less of a chance that people you know are familiar with him or her. Luckily, it's pretty damn easy to find out information about people on the internet too. It's fascinating to think about what the internet has taken away and what is has given us. 

I thoroughly enjoyed the voice that kept nay saying all of Kayla's decisions. It made some good points, but sometimes you have to go for it and I'm glad Kayla did so since you never know until you try. It was interesting how certain people would be interested in her depending on the wording she used on her profiles. Also, there really is a fascination with cougars among younger men. Sometimes fantasies are best just staying fantasies. I hope that she has better luck in the future with finding a companion, but it's certainly been worth the journey. 

Rating:






Recommendation: I would recommend this book to those that enjoy memoirs or tales of online dating.

No comments:

Post a Comment