Wednesday, April 24, 2013

It's a Trap!

Inside Out (Insiders #1) by Maria V. Snyder

Summary: I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own…until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution.

Review: An enjoyable, seemingly dystopian story with a twist.

I thought this book would be a pretty standard young adult dystopian novel with a barely believable or sometimes completely unbelievable setting and a luv story. The setting of Inside Out makes so much sense when you actually find out the big secret. Of course it doesn’t really explain the reason for why the scrubs and uppers formed the way they did. It does explain why the one millionth week was so important. I know there is one more book in this series so far. I am curious whether the author will ever write a story about what happens when they get to the one millionth week.

I liked Trella. She was competent, did not need a boyfriend to function, and was able to make decisions on her own. She could be a bit snobby and standoffish at times. I don’t understand why people started to protect her as much as she does once she inadvertently starts a revolution. I can understand hope, but how much faith could they have possibly had in her? I guess the situation must have been very bad for the scrubs. I will be interested to see how things go in the second book.

Rating:






Recommendation: I would recommend this book to those that enjoy young adult science fiction novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment