Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Big and Burly to the Rescue

Ravished by a Highlander by Paula Quinn

Summary: 

FORBIDDEN LOVE
Davina Montgomery is no ordinary English lady. For her own protection, she's been locked away from society, her true identity the Crown's most closely guarded secret. Until a shocking betrayal--and a bold rescue--land her in the arms of a fierce Highlander, a powerful warrior whose searing gaze and tantalizing touch awaken her body and soul.

UNDENIABLE DESIRE

As the firstborn son of a powerful Scottish laird, Robert MacGregor has no loyalty to the English throne, but he's not the kind of man to leave a woman in distress, even if she is English. He vows to deliver Davina to safety, unharmed and untouched. Yet one stolen kiss leaves them both smoldering with desire...and desperate for more. With Davina's secret threatening to destroy his clan, Rob must choose between everything he holds dear and the one woman he can't live without.

Review: An enjoyable romance with Highlanders that suffers from an unbelievable situation and a bit too much of falling in love with your rescuer.

I did like Davina. She was a strong woman that tied by fate. I did think that she let herself get pushed around too many times and I also quite sick of hearing how beautiful she was, although that was not her fault (I blame the author). I also wonder why Davina was in an abbey so close to the English/Scottish border considering who she was. I would have thought she would have been either further up north or even in Europe.

Robert was refreshing. Yes, he was a bit I’m a man so I must be duty bound, super stoic, and have no fun, but he did allow Davina to have her fun and while he could get jealous, knew what was a threat and what was harmless fun. I did think the relationship between Davina and Robert was a tad too much of the “you rescued me from a tough situation and now I love you!” I was glad of the ending even though I could not believe Davina would have been free to marry who she wished considering who she was.

Rating:






Recommendation: I would recommend this book to those are fans of romance with Scottish Highlanders.

No comments:

Post a Comment