Wednesday, August 15, 2012

True Love and a Wedding

Delicate Wedding by Joseph A Kranak

Disclaimer: I received this book from the author in exchange for a review.

Summary: With his younger son's wedding approaching, in New York City, Frederick Adelson decides to try and persuade his dissolute and detached older son, Elias, to join the family at the wedding after a long separation. Frederick sends two old friends of Elias, who ineffectively try to work on Elias while the rest of the family prepares for the upcoming celebration. But upon arrive at Elias' settled home in Amsterdam, they find much going on and standing in the way of Frederick's goal.

Review: A story of true love, weddings, and a family reunited.

This book is rather sweet and is full romance and true love (The Princess Bride keeps running through my head). I would not classify this as a romance book, but love, both for spouses and family, plays a big role. I think all the love, so much true love, was a bit much for me. I'm a bit of a cynic and the relationships felt a tad too perfect. Despite that, there was no mistaking the love that Frederick held for his son, Elias, and how hurt that he was that he might not be at his brother's wedding. 

Elias was a very interesting character. I am not sure what he did or how he was able to support himself in Amsterdam nor did I ever learn much about his past. I always felt a little out of the loop when it came to Elias. He was a confusing character, but I could tell that he was a passionate person and felt his emotions very strongly. I wasn't sure what his relationship was with the two women in his life. The ending was sweet and I'm glad that the book ended that way. 

Rating:






Recommendation: I would recommend this book to those that enjoy romance, weddings, or family fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment