Saturday, June 16, 2012

Too Bad You Just Didn't Stay Home

Unicorn Bait by S.A. Hunter

Summary: Naomi accidentally goes to another planet thanks to a unicorn horn. Unfortunately, the horn doesn't come with her, and she doesn't know any other way back home, but that's not her biggest problem. That would be her brand new husband, and he's kind of scary. Her only hope is a crazy witch who knows something about catching unicorns. Which would be fine and dandy except, it's the crazy witch who introduced her to her husband. And then RAN OFF. She's going to get her for that.

Review: A disappointing fantasy story with very sudden love and boring unicorns.

I liked the idea of this story and the use of a unicorn horn to travel to another world.  The world wound up being very medieval and had very little magic which was boring. Naomi winds up in a very dangerous situation right off the bat and does a decent job of dealing with it. Tavik is nicer than expected, but I just didn't understand the eventual romance that blossoms between Naomi and Tavik, especially after such a short span of time. My favorite character was the mouse since he was full of witty lines. 

I read this book in spurts of time. I have it on my iphone, which is always with me, but I did not feel compelled to read it regularly. So I don't remember the whole story, but it seemed like one string of random events after the other. There's plenty of melodrama, fighting of evil, some magic, and unicorns. I did enjoy the facts about the unicorns at the beginning of each chapter. I do not understand Naomi's big choice in the book. Everyone winds up happy at the end of the book. 

Rating:






Recommendation: I would recommend this book to those that enjoy romance sit in a medieval setting who don't mind some magic thrown in for good measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment