Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Better Not Blink

Blink by Lloyd Poast

Disclaimer: I received this book from the author in exchange for a review. 

Summary: A teenage boy wanders into a mystical forest ruled by a gypsy goddess named Amaisia Moon.

The forest changes with every blink or head turn and he discovers an ocean where dreams and nightmares literally come alive.

Review: A quick, but enjoyable fantasy short story read.

I will admit this reminded me of Alice in Wonderland a little, but certainly not in a bad way. Who doesn't want to go exploring in mysterious forests? I like how the forest acted as a place out of time and space and how so many ways lead to the forest. As you can figure from the title, blinking plays a part in this short story. It is amazing how such a simple action can have such great consequences. I would love to see this short story expanded into a novella or even a novel. The world has much potential.

Rating:






Recommendation: I would recommend this short story to those that enjoy Alice in Wonderland-like fantasy stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment